fbpx
  • Andre

March 18, 2020 at 12:00 am

On an existential level, I find myself contemplating how quiet and still things have gotten. Wondering how other people are dealing. We’re social animals, we work to make our money, we seek entertainment, and we move in the world freely. Much of that has been put on hold. This leaves an interesting void.

On a more practical level, I now have the space to get into some better habits. Reading, catch up on things I’ve been putting off, calling friends and family more, meditating, writing daily, finish an online course, planning ahead and organizing, gardening, and working on bettering my self-discipline.

On a business level, I maintain value for my clients. Having a non-location specific internet-based business option is a blessing in times like these. My side hustles are hurting. I hear postmates, shipt, caviar, and instacart are some of the highest paying delivery apps that are in huge demand of employees right now.

Not everyone is as fortunate. Brick and mortar businesses will be suffering, workers will be suffering. Everyone is wondering how they can continue making money when they’re stuck at home. What do we do about socialization? How can we work remotely? What kind of internet-based income can I earn? How can I make the best of this? What will I change once this all blows over?

One this is sure. The way we do business will evolve. I foresee more people opening their own internet-based businesses. Current businesses will offer more virtual and remote options. Voids in the market will be identified and filled in creative ways. As a business professional, I will keep an open eye, mind, and heart on those changes as they occur and do my best to keep ahead of the curve.

>